Astronomy 214 HOMEPAGE
ASTRONOMY 214:GENERAL ASTRONOMY
- INSTRUCTOR: Dr. Michael T Carini
- OFFICE: TCCW 229
- PHONE: 6198
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Prerequisite:Permission of the Instructor
- Corequisite: Math 126(Calculus)
Textbook: Abell's Exploration of the Universe, 7th Edition
Class Meeting Time: TRF 2:15-3:15 & one 2-hour lab period a week, TBA
Office Hours: I am generally available to students anytime I am not in
class(my schedule is posted on my office door) or you may make an appointment.
- An Introduction to Astronomy for science majors.
Topics include distances, masses and luminosities of stars, stellar
atmospheres and structure, stellar evolution, star systems, interstellar
matter, galaxies, cosmology, the sun and the solar system.
Course Grade: Your course grade will be computed as follows:
- 2 examinations worth 15% each
- 1 writing project worth 20%
- Weekly laboratory exercise/written reports 25%
- Homework exercises 5%
- Comprehensive final examination 20%
More course information here
We want and need your comments and suggestions.
You can send them to Michael Carini
Back to the main page for courses
Western Kentucky University Online